Cosmetic Repair Insurance provides cosmetic repairs for minor damage to paintwork without affecting your motor insurance policy or excess.
Cosmetic repair insurance for 1, 2 or 3 years.
What can our cosmetic repair insurance offer you?
- Peace of mind against cosmetic damage
- Cosmetic repairs carried out at work or home
- Coverage across the UK
- Free health check & inspection report worth £60
What type of insurance is it?
What is insured?
- You are a private individual and the registered owner and keeper of the vehicle;
- Your vehicle is five years old or under and has covered less than 60,000 miles at the start date of the policy;
- Your vehicle has been inspected by a local repair agent at a date and time to suit you. This vehicle inspection is arranged for you by MotorEasy, is free of charge and must be completed before a policy can be issued; and
- Your vehicle has no existing cosmetic damage. Any issues identified during the inspection must be rectified before any policy can be issued and a further inspection may be required. If your vehicle has no existing cosmetic damage a policy must be taken up within 30 days of completion of the inspection.
Then during the period of insurance, we will provide a cosmetic repair or where appropriate a touch-in repair to minor cosmetic damage to your vehicle up to the claim limit shown in the Schedule of Cover.
- Minor cosmetic damage means:
- A chip which is a chipped area on your vehicle, caused in a single incident, up to a maximum of 1.5cm in diameter or 3mm in depth;
- A damaged area caused in a single incident which contains a light scratch, minor dent or scuffed bumper, up to a maximum of 30cm in diameter or 3mm in depth.
In the case of multiple damages being caused by the same incident, the total end to end size of the furthermost points of the combined damaged area must also be no larger than 30cm in diameter or 3mm in depth. Any repairs which are estimated to exceed 4 hours to complete will not be considered to be minor cosmetic damage.
- In the event that a cosmetic repair cannot be used to repair minor cosmetic damage on your vehicle under this policy, we will contribute up to a maximum of £150 including VAT towards the cost of having a conventional body shop repair carried out whereby the minor cosmetic damage is repaired as a result.
What is not insured?
This insurance will not cover minor cosmetic damage:
- That cannot be defined as a light scratch, chip, scuffed bumper or minor dent or any minor cosmetic damage where a cosmetic repair is not technically possible;
- To horizontal flat surfaces, roofs, bonnets and boot tops where the Approved Repairer deems it not possible to achieve a satisfactory finish using cosmetic repair or touch-in repair techniques;
- To paint colours and finishes that cannot be suitably matched by the Approved Repairer. These include but are not limited to specialist, non-standard and exclusive paint colours and finishes, for example: self-healing paint, body wrap, chrome illusion paint, two tone paint finish or matt finishes;
- To any body panel or part of a panel that has been distorted, ripped, torn, or perforated;
- Caused by hail, rust, pitting or paintwork discolouration;
- That requires replacement of any body panel or part of a panel;
- Reported to the administrator more than 30 days after the Incident;
- Where it is discovered that this policy was purchased more than 30 days following the completion of the inspection of your vehicle or where a free of charge vehicle inspection facilitated under this policy has not been carried out before the policy was activated. Occurred before the inception of this insurance;